Sony Files for Steroscopic Multiplayer Patent

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You wouldn't need this with UFC.. Those games you're supposed to see the other player lol.

This would be extremely awesome for racing games, sport games (picking plays etc..), and FPS/3rd person shooter games. And you can easily talk above headphones if their not blaring in your ear.

And yes this could bring back picture in picture for tv's lol.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]randomroger[/nom]Reminds me of that TV(s) that would display a different picture from each angle (two angles).[/citation]
Reminds me of stickers that show different pictures at different angles. This technology will be really great substitute for splitscreen. I only hope that the glasses aren't harmful to the vision like 3d glasses.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Sykar[/nom]wouldn't you need a 3D compatible TV? or at least 120HZ?[/citation]
The PS3 would have a hard time hitting 120FPS, anyways. I think it'll work at 60FPS

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
This patent and the MSFT Dual Wire and Wireless patents both suck. They both are good ideas that I wish weren't locked into a single platform

Status
Not open for further replies.