Question Sony Handycam - new to this community so hope correct area!

Nov 27, 2023
I have I think mastered my video camera and have managed to view the videos on camera screen and download to my PC to save them but......when I took the videos they came out as five separate ones as I had stopped shooting each time using the on/off button at rear of camera as there is no 'pause' button?
Did I do this right as my problem now is that I can play each scene ok but cannot work out how to join them together so the complete video shows together
Thanks
Moggie

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
I have I think mastered my video camera and have managed to view the videos on camera screen and download to my PC to save them but......when I took the videos they came out as five separate ones as I had stopped shooting each time using the on/off button at rear of camera as there is no 'pause' button?
Did I do this right as my problem now is that I can play each scene ok but cannot work out how to join them together so the complete video shows together
Thanks
Moggie
Whether you did it right, depends on knowing the exact model of camera you are using as some may allow you to pause the recording instead of creating multiple files. As for merging the files, you would need to export the files to your computer / phone and make use of a video editing app. But there's a lack of info here to help you further. You may wish to add:
  • Your exact camera model
  • What OS your computer / phone is using?

Nov 27, 2023
Thanks so much for this - I understand more now!
I have the HDR-CX280 model and my laptop is Windows 10.
Can you give me an example of a simple to use video editing app please?
Regards
Moggie

Nov 27, 2023
Hello again CParsons
I have spent a few hours on this since your message and am pleased to say I have downloaded a Video editing app and have managed to transfer the videos from my camera and also I have managed to sort the scenes in order so that they play in sequence and also in addition saved them to a memory stick.
Thanks again for your help.
Moggie

Reactions: CParsons

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Hello again CParsons
I have spent a few hours on this since your message and am pleased to say I have downloaded a Video editing app and have managed to transfer the videos from my camera and also I have managed to sort the scenes in order so that they play in sequence and also in addition saved them to a memory stick.
Thanks again for your help.
Moggie
Awesome. Glad to hear you were able to get things sorted. :D