Sony Introduces Xperia P and Xperia U Android Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]erunion[/nom]A press release. Yawn.[/citation]
I wouldn't really call it "Yawn," but each to their own I guess. The real question is why you bothered posting if you found it so boring.

Anyway, will be nice to have another playing in the Android world if Sony can come back into the market. Their last couple of Android phones weren't a hit in the Americas and sold poorly in Europe, so should be interesting to see if these phones can make a dent in the HTC/Samsung/Motorola empire.

G

STE? the E part it's Ericsson.so it's Sony outside ,Sony Ericsson inside...

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
These Sony phones feature a price tag no competitors can match and amazing features that you may someday see as well as the jaw dropping ability to remove features promised on the box. Sony products are truly in a league of their own!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Sony bought out/off Ericsson. I've been using SONY phones for years, only went to Samsung for Android... great screen, crappy ergonomics and crappier support. So I'm debating Nokia 800 series or these new SONY phones. I *STILL* use my old broken SONY phone for an Alarm clock because Samsung uses weak-ass speakers.

I like how SONY is going back to their illumination style... when the phone rings/alarm goes off - the phone LIGHTS UP, making it easy to find in the dark. Remember WEAK Samsung, sometimes I face it down to make it louder for the Alarm... can't see the phone at night. The White screen on my SONY blows my Samsung out of the water in brightness... hands down.

I'm sick of Android, 2.3 has good points and stupid crap that Apple would never do. Maybe 4.0 fixes a lot of stupidity.

A nice feature on my OLD SONY (4 years old), without unlocking the phone (its a slider) I an see what time it IS and when the next alarm is going to go off. On my Hi-tech 2.3 Android phone... have to unlock it, click on CLOCK icon, click on Alarms... oh there it is!
Come on, got this 4" screen... no room for the alarm?

Android 2.3 - they removed SILENT from the notification screen and stuck in AIRPLANE mode?! What Fracking idiot came up with that STUPID IDEA?! Many of us go to the theater far more than fly. So now its only the HOLD POWER BUTTON to access Silent mode, which is easy to slip and hit Airplane... so you MISS TEXT and phone calls. $#@%*&#!

WP8 or Android 4.0...

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Sounds nice, but I don't think this phone will catch on. Sony needs to work on something/feature that makes it worth getting in their phones. Right now, playing PSX games on your phone isn't all that interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.