Sony Launches 4K Ultra HD Video Service, New TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I finally watch a movie that can utilize my Dell 30" monitor. It doesn't support 4k but it would still be nicer then the 1080 that I can watch now. I do everything on my computer and don't own a TV since 2004.

c210pilot

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
"...but without the integrated magnetic fluid speaker system. This allows customers the flexibility of connecting their existing, stand-alone home theater systems."

Err, how about FORCES.

Destoya Sniggwaffe

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
How many people who are buying $4-5k TVs dont have a pretty awesome home theater setup already? Not to mention the older models are still available for $500 dollars more with the same panels if you really want those dedicated speakers.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Time to grab $5K out of my change jar...

Also, just like Destoya Stiggwaffe said, no one cares about the TV's built-in speakers if they're spending this much on a television. They already have a surround-sound setup that no TV speakers can match.

I'd like to see more companies looking at ways to reduce weight/bulk (even though they are already pretty thin) of this televisions without considering where to put the speakers. Just give me a great panel to match with my surround. Don't waste weight/bulk trying to figure out the audio part of it on a high-end television. Just give me coax and spdif out off the television so I can use it as a pass-through at most.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
$ony 4K? Gonna wait this one out till price$ come down to a respectable level and more 4K content becomes available and at a reasonable price too. Dang Seiko 4K is like $1000 only and sure doesn't have all the bells and whistles but those extra features are not worth $2000+ imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.