• Check out all the best Amazon Prime Day deals 2021 here!

Sony Launches 4K Ultra HD Video Service, New TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I finally watch a movie that can utilize my Dell 30" monitor. It doesn't support 4k but it would still be nicer then the 1080 that I can watch now. I do everything on my computer and don't own a TV since 2004.

c210pilot

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
"...but without the integrated magnetic fluid speaker system. This allows customers the flexibility of connecting their existing, stand-alone home theater systems."

Err, how about FORCES.

Destoya Sniggwaffe

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
How many people who are buying $4-5k TVs dont have a pretty awesome home theater setup already? Not to mention the older models are still available for $500 dollars more with the same panels if you really want those dedicated speakers.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Time to grab $5K out of my change jar...

Also, just like Destoya Stiggwaffe said, no one cares about the TV's built-in speakers if they're spending this much on a television. They already have a surround-sound setup that no TV speakers can match.

I'd like to see more companies looking at ways to reduce weight/bulk (even though they are already pretty thin) of this televisions without considering where to put the speakers. Just give me a great panel to match with my surround. Don't waste weight/bulk trying to figure out the audio part of it on a high-end television. Just give me coax and spdif out off the television so I can use it as a pass-through at most.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
$ony 4K? Gonna wait this one out till price$ come down to a respectable level and more 4K content becomes available and at a reasonable price too. Dang Seiko 4K is like $1000 only and sure doesn't have all the bells and whistles but those extra features are not worth $2000+ imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
CherlynnLow Streaming Video & TVs 5
CherlynnLow Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
CherlynnLow Streaming Video & TVs 2
Mike Andronico Streaming Video & TVs 2