Sony NGP Getting November 11 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If it's out at that date, I don't think I'll get it at first because I'll be too busy playing Skyrim.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Middlefinger[/nom]If it's out at that date, I don't think I'll get it at first because I'll be too busy playing Skyrim.[/citation]
in all honesty, i don't think you'll get it because it's going to be expensive as hell, and sold out everywhere.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]in all honesty, i don't think you'll get it because it's going to be expensive as hell, and sold out everywhere.[/citation]

I don't doubt that it will be prohibitively expensive, but it's for that reason that I doubt it will be sold out anywhere like Nintendo's handhelds. Nintendo has also taken the casual market angle for their past few systems which greatly contributed to the lack of supply. Since Sony is marketing the NGP to the standard gaming audience which is much smaller, I don't think we'll have any problems picking up an NGP without a pre-order.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Also, Nintendo is getting an absolutely massive head start on Sony in this handheld generation. Many families will have already bought a 3DS for their kids once the NGP hits, leaving the market mostly to people that didn't plan on buying a 3DS in the first place, and people who can afford to buy two non-subsidized handhelds. We're not talking about phones here - you won't be seeing this for $200 with a 2-year agreement or some such.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
As long as the quake didn't damage the production facilities then I'm sure there will be no supply shortage purely because the can outsupply demand in a single region.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Oh whoa. This is a surprise. I wasn't expecting this to be released in the US till early next year. Price is going to be the interesting thing..

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
A Nov 11 is possible but I highly, highly doubt it will be a global release. The precedents of previous Sony launches both portable and home console suggest this.

G

So now we are stating vague rumor as fact?
You don't even give a source (other than saying a 3rd party claims to have sources for a fall release).

Oh Tom's, you are growing up to be just like Bild.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]Middlefinger[/nom]If it's out at that date, I don't think I'll get it at first because I'll be too busy playing Skyrim.[/citation]

You can get a rim job in the sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.