Sony Officially Dates PlayStation Vita Launch for NA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
this is actually earlier than I expected. I want some time with one before I judge, looks like some really good games at launch.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]for future reference NA generally refers to "Not Applicable" not North America.[/citation]
for future corrections N/A refers to "not applicable"

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Its all about context my friends.

"Sony Officially Dates PlayStation Vita Launch for Not Available" does not make sense in context.

"Sony Officially Dates PlayStation Vita Launch for North America" makes perfect sense so that is how I read it.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It's amazing to see the specs on it, it is hard to believe that handheld is more powerful than many of the PC's I have had and if you really think about it wasn't really that long ago. I may grab the $250 version it may be a bit pricey but at-least it has a few solid launch titles.

Also to end this silly debate everyone knows that "NA" stands for NuclearShadow's Awesome. The title of the article clearly means. "Sony Officially Dates PlayStation Vita Launch for NuclearShadow (who is) Awesome. So yes, Sony is going to release it to me first the rest of you have to wait.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Going strong with my Gameboy Color :D, though I might consider this as a new handheld when I travel. Handheld are really become an interest for me.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Lunarion[/nom]That's pretty good stats. Better than the tablets for that price range.[/citation]
for gaming its actually better than every tablet out now, BUTTONS!

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
i love that i can port all my fav PS1 games onto my PSP, if i can port my PS2 games onto the Vita then i might just get it too.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]for future corrections N/A refers to "not applicable"[/citation]

I took it as Not applicable. As do many people. I see it written that way a lot on legal and medical documentation where using a slash fails input validation on a computer. (nurses, doctors, lawyers, FDA inspectors). NA is quite common.

North America is a proper noun. Proper to spell it out.
It's pure laziness of the author to title it that way. Not a first for THG. Definitely not a first for Kevin Parish to screw up a headline.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]spectrewind[/nom]I took it as Not applicable. As do many people. I see it written that way a lot on legal and medical documentation where using a slash fails input validation on a computer. (nurses, doctors, lawyers, FDA inspectors). NA is quite common.North America is a proper noun. Proper to spell it out.It's pure laziness of the author to title it that way. Not a first for THG. Definitely not a first for Kevin Parish to screw up a headline.[/citation]

Yeah then there is common sense. It wasnt hard to understand what was meant with the context it was used. Unless you have a giant stick up your ass that is.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]spectrewind[/nom]I took it as Not applicable. As do many people. I see it written that way a lot on legal and medical documentation where using a slash fails input validation on a computer. (nurses, doctors, lawyers, FDA inspectors). NA is quite common.North America is a proper noun. Proper to spell it out.It's pure laziness of the author to title it that way. Not a first for THG. Definitely not a first for Kevin Parish to screw up a headline.[/citation]
So you read without taking into account the context of what you are reading? Cause if you did that you would EASILY see that Not Applicable made absolutely no sense what so ever in that sentence. You are not supposed to just read you are supposed to understand what you are reading, which you seem to not do.

kin3000

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Its a shame that the console will be missing the Christmas season in NA.[/citation]

Yeah, it will only make it before the season in JP, but NA, EU, and LA will have to wait until next year.

Lyrick

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]branden[/nom]i love that i can port all my fav PS1 games onto my PSP, if i can port my PS2 games onto the Vita then i might just get it too.[/citation]

Actually as it stands now and through at least Vita's launch, you can't even play the PSOne games you currently have purchased through the Playstation store on the Vita.

Sony's Yoshida confirms no PSOne Classics at launch
http://twitter.com/#!/yosp/status/124947863494078465

rumors surrounding this involve Sony playing with the idea that PS1 game purchases will have to occur through the Android/Vita Playstation Suite. Forcing you to repurchase your content.

Status
Not open for further replies.