Sony Pays $1M for Violating Children's Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

x11nt4

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
This is true, but even the ones that do say "you must be 18yr of age - Click YES NO" are not really verification. I never trust any oneline site that wants a credit card for age verification. The whole system is a fraud.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Do you mean Sony didn't even have a tick box for these services to "verify" age? Or that the box was there, it just didn't matter if the box was ticked?

Picknitting: $1 million is NOT the same thing as a million quid. Not unless something extremely terrible has happened specifically to the British economy today. Also, "it's" is not the possessive form, it's a contraction.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I wish the meaning of "artists" was a bit clearer, and that the websites in question were not just ambiguously implied to exist in this context. What websites? What artists? Music artists? Social networking sites related to musical artists? I'm lost here without crucial information.

Also, it's "nitpicking" not "picknitting." It's not a particularly clever rearrangement, if that's what you were going for; it's just distracting.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I think these kids were signing up for Social Networks. It would appear Sony didn't ask for age verification, so a bunch of >13 year olds signed up, and now Sony is being sued for not getting kids to tick a checkbox that they could easily lie about.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]waffle911[/nom]Also, it's "nitpicking" not "picknitting." It's not a particularly clever rearrangement, if that's what you were going for; it's just distracting.[/citation]
You're wrong, sir. It was extremely clever.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]waffle911[/nom]Also, it's "nitpicking" not "picknitting." It's not a particularly clever rearrangement, if that's what you were going for; it's just distracting.[/citation]

Stop being so picknitty.

Balshoy

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
[citation][nom]WheelsOfConfusion[/nom]Picknitting: $1 million is NOT the same thing as a million quid. Not unless something extremely terrible has happened specifically to the British economy today. Also, "it's" is not the possessive form, it's a contraction.[/citation]

Some picknitting of my own: certainly not the other way around (some miracle happening to the USA economy and the $ matching the £) :p

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Balshoy[/nom]Some picknitting of my own: certainly not the other way around (some miracle happening to the USA economy and the $ matching the £)[/citation]
That sort of rapid deflation would also be a disaster, rather than a miracle.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Hey all,

I'm used to referring to cash as quid (I'm based in Dublin) so when writing in dollars, I sometimes forget to change over to bucks.

Sorry, again! :)

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
million quid or million bucks ....it's still a million point understood here. Personally I find it rather humorous and enjoyable seeing them get fined a million (whatev) since their ceo's and vp's are prob like making Million$ of whatev

TSM

Status
Not open for further replies.