Sony Planning PSP Go Phone Running Android 3.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Couldn't the make the controller a bluetooth and/or mini-usb controller and make a Playstation application and marketplace available for the whole Android market and just dominate mobile gaming??

DaveWesh

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
If go for it if they found some way of throwing better graphics functionality in to the phone, Ive looked over reviews after reviews and unless the Snapdragon has a Dedicated Graphics processor, it has a hard time keeping up with the Hummingbird. I would have to go with aethm If it were a PSP2 phone, Something with a 1ghz Snapdragon, and Perhaps an Nvida Tegra... Obviously the Phone/PSP would have to know the difference between when to use the Tegra and when not to, otherwise a simple phone Battery wont last to long XD. if they did that then heck yeah id be the first to get it....... Obviously if it wasn't on any of the "tiered data plan" networks.

G

Sony would be stupid to mess something like this up. Psp+phone would could either go two ways, Ngage(failure) or opening a new way to further expand gaming on the fly ie: remote play via 3g/wifi with your ps3. Can you imagine playing monster hunter on the go with friends all over the world on the fly? or a portable online shooter like socom/medal gear on the fly with out waiting dwelling on wifi connections..

G

first of all sony already is the top of the line in hand held systems psp go is great has its ups and downs but in my opinion is still good but i think the psp go is still missing alot one thing i would like is if a touch screen feature was added also if they added some phone features such as a sim card slot. it would also be great if they added a feature were you could access the internet without a wifi connection. i would also like if they also added a camera feature were you can play eith your pics like the dsi in my opinion the best thing that sony can do with the psp go is to make apps for the psp go they've already have a few apps out there why not make more what im saying is sony knows what technology is out there why not take advantage and squeeze it all together into one little hand held system if they did that oh boy id buy me that new hand held in a hear beat hopefully sony decides to do this...

G

the phone concept is good having just bought one from china sony allows you to have a phone and complete gaming console with no compromise its wicked completely touch screen as well as very large clear the "sony psp p99GO" is worth the 108$ american i spent to order it factory direct from CHINA... Thank god for child labor cuz you dont find deals like that in north america lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.