Sony PSP Outsells the Nintendo 3DS in Japan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
If what happened to Japan was on America instead I would have no doubt in my mind that my fellow Americans would all panic and act irrational hell they even did with the iodide pills.
I have no doubt that my fellow Americans would also begin to riot, flood airports and begin rioting there as well. Hell we are still quite irrational and overly paranoid when it comes to terrorism to this day as well.

got that right especially when half the US is buying iodide pills to defend themselves from a nuclear disaster that is 5000 miles away im just waiting for the Geiger counter app to appear on iphones to help comfort the many sheep

G

got that right especially when half the US is buying iodide pills to defend themselves from a nuclear disaster that is 5000 miles away im just waiting for the Geiger counter app to appear on iphones to help comfort the many sheep

Really?! I think the sheep are those that blindly follow the sensationalistic dog and pony that passes for news in this country. It may be anectdotal, but I have not heard anyone I know or anyone I work with talk about buying iodide pills because of the disaster in Japan.
Fear is a great motivater for the uneducated. The "News" shows here in the states use it every single day to try get you to watch their dribble. I chose to not watch it. I'll read the news instead and decide for myself. Life is much more enjoyable.

And as far as the topic... Sony outselling Nintendo one week does a trend make. Sony's handheld system suffers from the same problem as Nintendo's new system. No significant software to drive sales. Handhelds are better suited for kids (who typically don't own smartphones). Therefore, Nintendo will win overall in the handheld market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS