Sony Soundbar - Analog - Haier TV

Shawn_47

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I recently purchased a Sony soundbar. I have had my Haier brand tv for about 2 years and it doesnt have an optical output so i have to use the analog output on the soundbar. However i cannot get sound out of my sound bar from my tv. I have tried using a few different cables and tried contacting Sony, but they couldnt figure it out.
I am currently using a 3.5mm jack plugged from my sound bars analog slot to my tvs headphone slot. Any suggestions?

Solution
First connect headphones to the TV to make sure that the headphone out is working.
Second make sure that you have selected the correct input on the soundbar.
Third adjust the volume of the TV and soundbar. Start with the soundbar all the way down and the TV all the way up. Bring the soundbar volume up until you can hear some sound but not loud. If the sound is distorted turn the TV volume down until the distortion goes away, They bring the soundbar volume up to normal listening volume.
First connect headphones to the TV to make sure that the headphone out is working.
Second make sure that you have selected the correct input on the soundbar.
Third adjust the volume of the TV and soundbar. Start with the soundbar all the way down and the TV all the way up. Bring the soundbar volume up until you can hear some sound but not loud. If the sound is distorted turn the TV volume down until the distortion goes away, They bring the soundbar volume up to normal listening volume.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS