Sony Vaio E14 black flicker

kamisovcanada

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
So I recently bought a Sony Vaio laptop, an SVE14A1V1EB to be exact. My problem is why playing some games my screen goes black for a tenth of a second and then everythings back to normal.

This occurs in sequences or ona at a time. For that brief second the keyboard seems to stop working, in Mass Effect the game reads that I discontinued holding the shift button (which gets really frustrating). This only occurs in 2 games so far: Mass Effect and NFS Shift. I don't have problems with games like Fallout New Vegas which have higher system requirements.

I've tried installing new drivers for all of my hardware, I'm running the newest service pack and have all updates. The laptop is about 2 months old so I doubt the problem is mechanical.

Another thing I noticed is that the problem didn't occur in the 2 mentioned above games while playing with an external monitor hooked up.

My hardware is:
Sony Vaio SVE14A1V1EB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1GB

layla21

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
This is exactly what happened to me. I think it happens to all Sony laptops. My laptop was just 1 month old. I tried to return the laptop or get it fixed but the technicians have to see the problem with their own bloody eyes. The problem is every time I take the laptop to the store It bloody behaves itself.
I also identified another problem which is that my laptop keeps flickering.

lion92pl

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
I have same issues. I think I will try to return my vaio to service. I think it can be something connected with lack of electric power under high GPU and CPU load.

ultimate_be

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

you can't use any original amd drivers ... it won't install...the only thing you can do is install them from the vaio support site...but these are not up to date... last update is dated from june 2012

I have the same problem...I have tried everything..even the leshcatlab drivers... It's hopeless...just throw the vaio out of your window and by another toshiba or acer notebook... cheaper and better...