Sony vaio fw 490j, dont turn on

Amir_18

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Hello
My sony fw 490 j, dont turn on. last time i used, it was working property and i close the lid same every time, but when i try to turn it on, i will see no light, no sound and no picture, never !!! nothing happended. i try to use 2 new charger, i try with and without battery, i try 15-20 second holding power botom but no function.

Hi,

Here's a troubleshooting steps that I suggested to someone who had the same problem with their laptop, hopefully this will help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try loading it again in BIOS.
- If these will not work proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If these steps will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display on it. If there's a display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the built in LCD or the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard.
- Try to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable if it's connected properly. You can take both ends out then put it back in just to make sure it's seated properly.
- But if there's also no display on the external monitor the problem lies in the motherboard.

Amir_18

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Hello friends!

Yesterday, i dissemble my laptop, and i think about that, my laptop never has been damaged or electricity shock or under water or wet condition. So i think, maybe it has a time.! And maybe the time has been finished for my laptop from 2009 without any repairs!!!
So when the HDD was removed, i disconnected the battery (baios battery) and try to turn on, and laptop turned on!!!
Then i try to turn on with, baios battery. Also turned on by baios battery!
Maybe my story about the time is wrong, but it is important my laptop turned on!!! I think its worker faster than before.
Thank you!