sony vaio SVE151G13M black screen

darrylboy82

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
hi, i have a sony vaio laptop, before it goes totally black screen its became stripes and cant open the windows 8.1 installed on it, i had tried to restore and erase all, intall as new, but its became black, i bought a cpu and replace it but its desame, fun working, all lights working, i tried to put external monitor and it says no signal,

can someone help me,?
thank you..

Solution
If it did not work with an external monitor, you have to swap the motherboard, likely the video card is dead.

I would not put more money into this system, just get a used working one. If you can find the same model you can just swap your hard drive into it. If you can't find one you can still copy your files out using an external drive enclosure.
If it did not work with an external monitor, you have to swap the motherboard, likely the video card is dead.

I would not put more money into this system, just get a used working one. If you can find the same model you can just swap your hard drive into it. If you can't find one you can still copy your files out using an external drive enclosure.

Solution