Sony vegas pro 12/13 crash on render start

Tony Donev

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014
After i got my ssd and installed the new Windows 10 build every time i press the render button sony vegas not responding previously vegas pro 12 was working and 13 was crashing now both wont start a render tried disabling gpu acceleration different render settings nothing worked

TLDR: every time i click render sony vegas stops responding .

Solution
Solution

Tony Donev

Estimable
Aug 11, 2014

That fixed it for vegas pro 12 sadly 13 doesn't work still

LordFluffeh

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Like Tony Donev, aka bart said, sony vegas pro 13 still does not have a fix, i have searched for hours and i can't render a sinlge video! D:

Qavixen

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015

Here is one more solution that worked for me, i had problem that when rendering video it would freeze at 3720 frames or 18%.
It took me weeks to find solution, there is problem with files that you use in Project that you trying to render out.
Solution is to export current Project as .prproj file for Adobe Premiere, then create new project and import that file. Don't edit anything in video after you import it , just choose your render settings and click render. I hope I helped someone :)

Qavixen

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015

Here is one more solution that worked for me, i had problem that when rendering video it would freeze at 3720 frames or 18%.
It took me weeks to find solution, there is problem with files that you use in Project that you trying to render out.
Solution is to export current Project as .prproj file for Adobe Premiere, then create new project and import that file. Don't edit anything in video after you import it , just choose your render settings and click render. I hope I helped someone :)

Nedwob

Estimable
Jan 23, 2016
Try turning OFF a second monitor.

I had a project that rendered OK on a 5 year old home built PC (i7 680 2.8Ghz CPU, ASUS P7P55D-e Pro M/B, 8Gb RAM, NVidia GT240 Graphics, Windows 7 Pro, Dual monitors) on which I had upgraded Vegas to 13 Pro. Project too app. 33 minutes to render.

I recently moved to a new homebult PC (Gigabyte X99 SLI M/B, MSI GTX 950 Graphics, 16 Gb RAM, dual monitors, dual boot Win 7/Win 10). I moved Vegas to the Win 7 OS partition.

When rendering the same project, it crashed after about 10 minutes. I tried the suggestion of turning OFF GPU acceleration. The project rendered OK, but took about one hour.

I then TURNED OFF my second monitor and docked the Video Preview window onto the Vegas main window.

The project then rendered OK, in about 23 minutes.

Nedwob