Sony Vegas Pro 12 Freeze and Crash

Focal_Trickz

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Today I was going to edit some clips and I opened Vegas Pro 12.0 Build 770 64-bit and imported my .mp4 clip and went to delete the audio track and it just froze and the only way to close it is to restart my computer.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz
RAM: 2GB

If anyone could help that would be great.Thanks!

Focal_Trickz

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I believe this is a new problem. I have had Sony Vegas Pro 11.0 before but did not have the same problem or any problem. I think this is just Vegas Pro 12's problem. I looked up on YouTube how to fix freezing and crashing problems but all the results are for rendering problems and I haven't even gotten the chance to render.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is this a fully activated or demo install? Since upgrading to Vegas Pro 12, has it worked at all? Do the other functions work properly?

What GPU are you using (if using for rendering)?

Last, where did you install the app from? A download or commercial media?

garryash

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Have you tried changing priority setting in task manager so that Sony Vegas has more usage?? I had similar problem with Pinnacle studio and now when using it I change the settings and have no problem

Focal_Trickz

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
It is a fully activated program. I'm not sure what kind of GPU I'm using I'll get back to you on that one and I bought the actual CD so I did the CD install.And it was running properly before and then one day it just started freezing no changes to any of my computer settings or anything but yes before everything was running properly.But for now no other functions work.