Solved! Sony Vegas Pro 14 stops rendering at 86%

Dec 24, 2018
I tried absolutely everything to render my 10+ minute video. I set the Dynamic RAM in Preferences to 0 and the Threads to 1, I turned off GPU Rendering, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but none of the guides I found online worked.

Solution
System specs and OS?

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe your system's performance.

Open one or the other and watch your system for a few minutes. Explore as necessary to understand what system information is being presented and how to navigate within the tool.

Then drag the window to one side but leave open.

Next render as normal while continuing to observe what your system is doing. Especially as the render nears 86%. Likely that you will note some bottleneck.

Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager may also capture some error code or warning message when rendering stops.

Root cause may be a single source or some combination of things - look for patterns.
System specs and OS?

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe your system's performance.

Open one or the other and watch your system for a few minutes. Explore as necessary to understand what system information is being presented and how to navigate within the tool.

Then drag the window to one side but leave open.

Next render as normal while continuing to observe what your system is doing. Especially as the render nears 86%. Likely that you will note some bottleneck.

Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager may also capture some error code or warning message when rendering stops.

Root cause may be a single source or some combination of things - look for patterns.

Solution
Jun 11, 2019
My idea (it worked) is to render your video sliced in the problematic points and combine these fragments into one video. If turning off GPU accel. don't work, try this one.