Sony: We Didn't Apologize for PS Vita Screen Issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]bigcatface[/nom]we should definitely boycott sony for this.[/citation]
There's other reasons, like they are part of the RIAA and MPAA. They support SOPA, they make heavy-handed DRM (SecuRom/Sony BMG), and the list goes on.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Wow. They should have kept the apology anyways, and came out at least with something like "We are looking into the issues. It doesn't seem to affect a lot of units / we think it could be a bad batch".

balutwithcheese

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Wow I don't remember there being this many hate comments when microsoft launched the 360 and half the consoles got the red ring of death and more continued to do so until it was redesigned.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Actions over the last 7 years of $ony have contributed to their low stock price. Hate it or not, it is what it is. Until their tune changes expect more fails to come. You could always sue them if they wont fix your faulty handheld...oh wait they made you wave that right!!!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This is not so unusual... its a new product, so they may still have some units with some issues. This is happens to pretty much ALL brands. This is also why the Japanese releases products in Japan first - because most people there want the LATEST and greatest and having a failed unit doesn't generally upset the customer, it'll be replaced for free.

That is a lot different than MS's xbox 360 in which its RROD issue showed up about a year after its release.... ie: manufacturing defects vs design defects.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Sony have always been arrogant, nothing new. They think they stand above the law and can do whatever they wish and thats where much of the hate comes from. I will never touch a Sony product again due to that rootkit drm that was installed when i wanted to play a music cd once on my PC. So i choice to vote with my $ and their stock price seem to suggest i'm far from the only one!

Status
Not open for further replies.