Sony WF-1000XM3 Wireless Earbuds Review Roundup: Nearly Perfect

PhoenixBennu

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I have to say that I am not impressed. I have gone through several earbuds. I sit with a headset all day doing IT support, but I use an over the ear Steele Series. Used to be Arctis 5, but now I use the wireless 7. Its not perfect but its not bad either.

I wanted some earbuds since I already have a headset, and so I bought some on sale Mee Audio X10. Not bad, but you get back you pay for. For 40 bucks they were ok.

However, I wanted more. So I bought other ones, including ones like the new Apple EarPods Pro. None satisfied.

So, right now I have two earbuds in front of me. The Sony's and the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless (just released for 100 bucks).

The hammerheads do not feel comfortable as they are designed like AirPods, but they have great bass. A fullness to the sound you can feel. You can hear good sound, and you can feel the thump of the bass.

I cannot feel that with the Sony's. Don't get me wrong. They are great sound. I can hear every little detail in the music. They are great for reproducing sound, but there is very little warmth. It is a much colder and almost clinical sound to it. They is no umps, no warmth, no richness and fullness. The racers have that, and while they are not as crisp and details as the Sony's they still sound great.

I got the razors mainly for gaming and low latency, and the Sony's for sound quality, but not I am thinking of returning the Sony's because they lack that fullness to the sound.

Anyone else have a similar experience or is there a way to improve that fullness to the sound?