Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Review: The Bigger They Are…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2018
This part is incorrect, "There are perks for preordering, too. Sony is throwing in a pair of its Xperia Ear Duo wireless earbuds with the purchase of every XZ2 Premium before July 30. The Ear Duo is a bit unusual among Bluetooth headphones, as it is designed to invite ambient noise in while playing audio clearly. The accessory normally goes for $279 on its own."

Either Sony or Amazon pulled a fast one and put that out in every tech site, but pulled the deal after the first day of pre-orders. I ordered mine on Amazon on July 21st, a full 9 days before it is being released and I just assumed I was getting the headphones. Someone on Reddit pointed out that they pulled the offer. So I'm really conflicted, I really wanted this phone, but I'm annoyed at their shady sales tactic.

fxcross

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
"Very bulky"
Aube is big enough that require more space, its a fact

"Portrait Mode not available at launch"
How this is a bad thing???

"Below-average battery life"
Im really sure than the XZ2P its on the average performance in b.l.

"Dated software experience"
It´s not more dated than the Google Pixel 2 XL rigtht now.

"Too expensive"
It is, but Samsung and Apple too, it should not be a problem, in fact ,this new hardware worth it

"No Verizon or Sprint support"
I really dont care about verizon or Sprint, this has nothing to do with the device itself in first place.

We know that Tom'sGuide's reviews are very shameless, but this one is hypocritical.

Aug 9, 2018
You rant about portrait mode missing so much?
But I cant see competition doing 12800 ISO video for extra lowlight, or 10bit HDR video, or predictive capture photo, or 1080p 960fps video, or 3D scanning...
Most of competition phones cant give balanced good surround sound, even though they implemented Dolby surround.
Most compeition can do good photos, but obviously this phone is better than the rest at it.
And that OLED rant, although this screen is actually superb top class one?
Prefering subjectively oleds, portrait modes, certainly animojis too, neglecting the just better photo and video camera, and avoiding to give credit to all special unique features this one phone offers.
6/10???
How much did you score iphoneX with weaker camera, sound, screen? You certainly didnt mind its price did you, or 64gb it had, or 3 gb ram it had, did you?
Or score S9+ with weaker sound, cameras, performance? You certainly didnt complain about 64gb for the basic 950 bucks price there...

Status
Not open for further replies.