Sony's Xperia NXT Phones Coming to USA This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]Wow, they will have Gingerbread on them, that is awesome. Why would I want ICS when I could get an OS from a year and a half ago.[/citation]

if you compare the nutritional information of gingerbread vs ice cream sandwiches, I think you will find your answer.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]thomaseron[/nom]These phones will get ICS in europe very soon, so theywill probably get ICS in the states as well. :)[/citation]
Im sure AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile will get right on that..

thomaseron

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]Im sure AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile will get right on that..[/citation]

Why not update directly from Sony's website?
Is that not possible in USA?
Just asking, 'cause I don't live there...

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]thomaseron[/nom]Why not update directly from Sony's website?Is that not possible in USA?Just asking, 'cause I don't live there...[/citation]
Carriers don't release updates until they have vetted them - which takes months typically

In the US we do not have unlocked handsets, we only can use what the carriers allow and they like to control everything about them. In the end....we are paying for them to "let" us use their network (our country is horribly pro business and not pro consumer)

Status
Not open for further replies.