Sound Bars Advice

DavisBLv

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on getting a sound bar for my PC.

I'm not really looking for anything too big, I will use it for a bit of gaming and movies.

My budget is probably around £200, but I'm open to spend more.

I was recently looking at the Razer Leviathan, as it's quite compact.

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Based on user reviews, the Leviathan apparently has a power-saving "feature" that automatically turns the unit off after not having any sound input for around 15 minutes. Some people mention that this can make the unit unsuitable for a PC environment, where you might go variable lengths of time without audio playing, requiring the user to manually switch the unit back on each time they want to play audio. There's also no remote control, so when it switches off, if you're not seated next to it, you'll need to get up and walk over to the speaker to turn it back on again. These things may or may not be relevant to your usage scenario though.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I have Sony HT-XT1 (there is the newer HT-XT2 with quite similar Price) for TV and this is quite awesome.
This soundbar/sounbase is also a Kind of AV Receiver. If you have more than 1 sources (up to 3), you can Switch between them using the soundbar. This could be very usefull if you wanna use consoles too on your Monitor.
The only cons with this soundbar is that it can not be connected to external subwoofer.

BTW,
Ignore those soundbars from Bose, they are overpriced.
If you have the Money for one of Bose's soundbar try this:
- Nubert AS-250
https://www.amazon.de/Nubert-nuPro-AS-250-HiFi-TV-Aktivlautsprecher/dp/B00PULTNFW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1498122504&sr=8-5&keywords=nubert&th=1

Note:
TV Soundbars with Receiver function could have a negative Impact to Input lag.

I would recommend using PC loudspeakers instead of soundbars.

DavisBLv

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

With these am i able to connect them to my PC and my PS4 at the same time ?

If so how would you set this up.

DavisBLv

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

Many thanks, in that case what kind of speakers would you suggest, im looking to use them on my PC and PS4

guanyu210379

Distinguished

I assume you are using HDMI to connect both PC and PS4 to the Monitor.
I also assume that your Monitor has the audio out.
You can use this Audio out from the Monitor to the active Speakers.
Sometimes you will Need Adapters like:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ollivan-Universal-Stereo-Female-Adapter/dp/B015446ZMI/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1498131060&sr=1-4&keywords=audio+adapter+rca
Just be creative to connect those stuffs.

With your Budget, there are quite many you can pick.
e.g.
Audioengine A2+B
Logitech Z623

Chugalug_

Estimable

How do you mean?
They're USB.
You can't run two devices through them at once if that's what you mean, that'd be cancerous getting youtube videos and gameplay through the same speakers at the same time. o_O
Individually one at a time though?
Yeah it'll work for both.

guanyu210379

Distinguished

You can connect the Audio as the following:
PC HDMI + PS4 HDMI ---> Monitor (Audio out) ---> Speaker
adapeter from Monitor could be needed.

DavisBLv

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

yes i use HDMI to connect my PS4 to my PC's monitor.

yes i believe it does have an audio out, as i can plug in headphones etc, but that is incovenient due to short range.

that adapter would be perfect

guanyu210379

Distinguished

Yup, from the plug where you have to connect the headphone, you can connect to the Speaker.
For Speakers which do not have headphone jack like Connection e.g. RCA, you will Need an Adapter like I gave you in the link.
You just can not connect your headphone to the Monitor anymore.

TRENDING THREADS