Sound Blaster Z problems

NickZames

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
I have a Sound Blaster Z sound card for 2 years and I there were no problems with it. Yesterday I bought two JBL Lsr 305's. I connected them and everything was fine. Today I turned on my pc and there was no sound. I tried rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but it didn't fix the problem. The strange thing is that if I plug them to my motherboard's onboard sound card they work fine. I tried 5.1, stereo 2.0/2.1 and stereo direct and none of them worked.

How can I solve this?

CPU: 7700K
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270 Sli Plus
GPU: GTX 1080ti
I don't know if specs matter but I state them in case they help.

Solution
I've had this issue the first 2 years i bought the card It Is a pain in the ass to deal with it but when it works its so good. I Had to disable fast boot in bios, enable csm in bios and use legacy If you have multiple options for legacy like video op rom or pxe something... enable them and set to legacy. Delay boot time or post timeout by about 10 seconds , disable all processor power saving features such as cool and quiet for amd and intel p states c states for cpu ect. Enable VD-T or virtualization in bios and reboot. In windows 10 disable fast start up and link state power management in additional power saving settings for your windows power plan. Also there are some registry patches you can use that i got from a creative rep in...

AgentWafflez

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
I've had this issue the first 2 years i bought the card It Is a pain in the ass to deal with it but when it works its so good. I Had to disable fast boot in bios, enable csm in bios and use legacy If you have multiple options for legacy like video op rom or pxe something... enable them and set to legacy. Delay boot time or post timeout by about 10 seconds , disable all processor power saving features such as cool and quiet for amd and intel p states c states for cpu ect. Enable VD-T or virtualization in bios and reboot. In windows 10 disable fast start up and link state power management in additional power saving settings for your windows power plan. Also there are some registry patches you can use that i got from a creative rep in their forums to stop audio pop and crackling. Ill post the code down below so you can copy the text and make a reg file for your use and convenience. Download O&O Shut up 10 go to the windows update section and block automatic driver updates and automatic app updates through windows update.This way windows wont reinstall the audigy xfi driver or recon3d driver like its the sound blaster's z Reboot when it asks you to. When your back uninstall the driver normally if you have it installed. Go to device manager right click sound blaster z and delete driver permanently and reboot.Use ccleaner or the old driver sweeper 3.2.0 to get rid of the old registry keys from the previous install. Install the march 3 2017 driver from creatives website and your golden. Windows 10 tends to reset to stereo on every reboot you can use SBZ Switcher app on source forge and set it to auto start up to 5.1 on every boot this way you can force 5.1 and full range on speakers instead of doing it manually on every boot. Hope it helps.

Reg File Text:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\cthda\HDB\11020023]
"HW_CTL_MX_BSIZE"=dword:00000010

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\cthda\HDB\11020024]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\cthda\HDB\11020025]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\cthda\HDB\11020026]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\cthda\HDB\11020027]