Sound detected sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spledang

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Hi, I have an audio problem where I'll turn on my computer and for some reason the speakers don't play anything from the front panel or back panel audio ports, but I can plug in my headset in to the USB front OR back and I can use those to listen to music or whatever task. It's not that much of a problem since I can just reset my computer and the audio appears to play through my speakers again using the audio ports (front/back), but I was just wondering is this a motherboard problem? and if it is, then how come my USB slots don't seem to be affected by this, but the audio ports are? Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Solution
This is not a problem really, the audio is setting to USB as a default. It's just engineered that way.
True, the USB/HDMI/analog outputs have a way of "selecting" themselves as default. Which can be kind of a pain when you want to switch to another output.
But you should be able to open the audio software and select the default without restarting the computer (maybe).
This is not a problem really, the audio is setting to USB as a default. It's just engineered that way.
True, the USB/HDMI/analog outputs have a way of "selecting" themselves as default. Which can be kind of a pain when you want to switch to another output.
But you should be able to open the audio software and select the default without restarting the computer (maybe).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.