Solved! Sound disappears from TV/receiver when connecting satellite box to TV

Jun 4, 2019
I have a brand new LG smart TV and a new Onkyo receiver. There is no problem connecting these two together through ARC, and using the magic remote to control the sound etc.
But when I connect my GET satellite box to another HDMI output on the TV, it stops working. The receiver doesn't turn on using the magic remote, and the sound disappears. It only comes sound from the satellite box when I connect the HDMI to the TV after turning on the receiver and TV. But when I connect it I can't use the magic remote to turn the volume up and down or turn the receiver on and off along with the tv.

I have tried to connect both the receiver and the satellite box to the device connector on the LG TV, but with no success.

Anyone with the same problem, or a solution?

Jun 4, 2019
Update all devices to the latest firmware
Try using a different hdmi cable
Maybe your get box is not compatible to the remote.
Update all devices to the latest firmware
Try using a different hdmi cable
Maybe your get box is not compatible to the remote.
I've tried several HDMI cables, no difference...
I managed to connect the magic remote to controll the satellite box, so that's no problem

Jun 4, 2019
Try connecting the satellite box to the receiver instead of the TV.
I tried that, but then I have to use three different remote controllers instead of one to switch between inputs on the receiver, and on the satellite box... the point was to only use the magic remote to controll everything. It works seperatly, but there has to be some conflict between the satellite box and the receiver or something..