Sound from acer4535 laptop is distorted after installing windows 7

vasukolli

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hi...
I had formatted my acer4535 laptop and installed windows 7 from then onways sound from speakers is distorted.I had tried all means to resolve the problem ie(uninstalling and installing new sound drivers,installing old drivers) but there is no use.
could you please help me...

Solution
If sound is fine through headphones and you have configured for 2 speakers and have installed all necessary drivers I don’t know what else it could be.

Possibly the speakers themselves are wearing out.

boju

Distinguished
hmmm sound volume not too high?

Don't really know what else to suggest other than the possibility the sound card in the laptop just isn’t compatible with windows 7?. I doubt it but it’s possible I guess, surely if it was working fine before it should work now. What else could have changed?

What operating system did you have on before and how old is the laptop?

Hopefully somebody else can help you out.

vasukolli

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
My laptop is 3years old.I had xp on my laptop before windows7 had installed.
My friend had same laptop but it is working fine with win7,sound from speakers are fine.
Could you suggest any other solution....

boju

Distinguished
ok thought of something. Try hooking your laptop to external speakers or headphones and see if you have the same problem. Also make sure in windows 7 speaker configuration it is set to using stereo/2speakers.

Im out of ideas for now, if something pops up ill mention it. Good luck.

boju

Distinguished
If sound is fine through headphones and you have configured for 2 speakers and have installed all necessary drivers I don’t know what else it could be.

Possibly the speakers themselves are wearing out.

Solution