Solved! Sound from turntable but none through speaker

Jan 18, 2019
I have a old record player and when I play a record on it sound can be Hurd from the record but the speaker does not output any sound does anyone know why this could be. Ask for more information if wanted thanks

So me Mr. Obvious here sees:

Turntable ----> (maybe)RIAA Preamp ----> Amplifier/Receiver -----> Speakers.

Ya, if you put your ears near the turntable cartridge, u hear a very faint sound because the cartridge vibration actually pushes some minuscule amount of air.

So one of the OTHER things in the path above is broke, or hooked up wrong? So I would work backwards, (1)does receiver produce ANY sound? from radio, from other sources? if no then u got broken receiver or speakers. (2)if u can hear radio blah-blah then I would ask, if the turntable hook up the correct jack? tell us WHAT jack is this that you have it hooked up, so we don't have to guess.

Never discount broken cables, it happens.

Jan 18, 2019

It's hard wired in and there is humming out of speaker when the volume goes up

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 0
C Audio 3
S Audio 1
hong_kong_dusk Audio 4
DEBMDRD 18 Audio 1
M Audio 0
TheSLIP Audio 0
P Audio 0
T Audio 0
P Audio 0
B Audio 1
W Audio 1
B Audio 4
B Audio 2
M Audio 1
T Audio 2
B Audio 1
M Audio 3
G Audio 1
S Audio 3
Similar threads
Question Are there sound bars I can use as left, center, right speakers for my home theater system?
Question Is it feasible to have a home theater system with the soundbar as the only front speaker?
Question Is my sound card bad?
Question PC monitor still outputs sound through its speakers when I plug in headphones to it
Question Fire tv stick / tv with only one hdmi arc port & bose sound bar 700
Question Microphone making Robotic Static sound.
Question Sony HT-100SF Soundbar not working with Samsung Television
Question Any recommendations for a good sound quality bluetooth speaker for outdoor party.
Question Logitech z 506 or z 906 for realistic surround sound while not caring for the bass?
Question No sound only with blue-ray through hdmi in of soundbar
Question Help with sound Android box to sound system.
Question Low sound with DDP/AC3 in HD Media player - Please help
Solved! Turntable to Sound Bar
Confused about buying new sound system for Turntable to Amp to Old Speakers
Connect turntable to bose sound wave
Connectded my crosley turntable to my new integra 7.1 phono jack and sounds distorted and low volume. Any idea what the proble
Need help connecting turntable to soundbar through receiver
Turntable plays quietly via amp, do i need a preamp? will it sacrifice sound quality?
I have a Dual CS 2110 Hi-Fi Turntable that plays well, but the sound is very low. Will replacing the needle fix this problem o
Difference in quality of sound between first and last track on turntable

ASK THE COMMUNITY