Solved! Sound issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Help me with my Dell Latitude 6400. The sound is really bad when you turn it to 60%. You can hear the sound but it's not really good. Please help. Is there a way for me to fix this without a help of a technician? Thanks in advance.

Solution
use headphones and see if you facing same issue else try this :
Go to control panel and Open the Device Manager
then Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Codec". Select to "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software". Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer". Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver). Click "Next". On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.

If the speakers do not work with either driver then it is not a driver...

ashleydent

Commendable
Apr 23, 2020
use headphones and see if you facing same issue else try this :
Go to control panel and Open the Device Manager
then Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Codec". Select to "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software". Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer". Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver). Click "Next". On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.

If the speakers do not work with either driver then it is not a driver issue but could be failed hardware.

If the speakers work with only one of the drivers, then the other driver is at fault.

Solution
Help me with my Dell Latitude 6400. The sound is really bad when you turn it to 60%. You can hear the sound but it's not really good. Please help. Is there a way for me to fix this without a help of a technician? Thanks in advance.

Laptops don't usually have good speakers, there is no way to know what "not really good" sound is in your case without actually being able to hear it, it may be normal for a laptop. I would ask someone that knows about laptop systems to check on it first to see what you hear is normal or not. Is it distorting, cracking, cutting out, buzzing, does it sound like the case or speaker is vibrating oddly?

Status
Not open for further replies.