Sound not loud enough through Projector

Fazza87

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Hi,

I have a projector which has inbuilt speakers but i would like to listen to the sound through some good headphones however there is no 3.5mm jack on the projector. It has the red/white audio in and audio out wires. I bought a RCA cable i think that it is what is called and then attached my headphones through a female add-on but the sound is very weak and i cannot adjust it. What do i have to do increase the sound, increasing it on the projector has no effect.

Thanks!

Faiyaz

Solution
you will want a cheap headphone amplifier. most have either 3.5mm or rca inputs and should have a volume adjust knob. since you likely arent using high demand headphones a cheap one should work. if you are using harder to drive headphones you will need to buy an appropriate amp.

why will it not work with what you have? rca output is low level so there is not much power there to drive speakers or headphones with. its not meant to be used directly but meant to go to other devices with an amplifier.
you will want a cheap headphone amplifier. most have either 3.5mm or rca inputs and should have a volume adjust knob. since you likely arent using high demand headphones a cheap one should work. if you are using harder to drive headphones you will need to buy an appropriate amp.

why will it not work with what you have? rca output is low level so there is not much power there to drive speakers or headphones with. its not meant to be used directly but meant to go to other devices with an amplifier.

Solution