Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, try to change the sound settings.
- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner then select Playback Devices.
- If you see your headphone listed, right click on it and select Set Defaults. Click Apply and OK then test it again.
- If it will still not work, uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Once done, download and install the latest sound driver from Toshiba's support site.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.