Sound while using DVI

Simon_37

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello.

At the moment I'm playing games on a very old flatscreen TV. So old in fact that the input lag is terrible, and there is no option for a "game mode" or anything of the sorts (trust me, I looked everywhere).

My computer monitor, however has almost no input lag at all, and I do own a hdmi->dvi cable to connect my hdmi console to my monitor, since it only does DVI and VGA. However, there's no sound. And the console I'm playing on doesn't have the option for a seperate audio output. The only output on the console is HDMI.

I've been looking everywhere for a way to get the video through DVI to my monitor, and sound through HDMI. However, every sort of splitter I've found that can handle splitting video to HDMI and DVI and being able to show them both at the same time are really expensive. So I was wondering if theres anyone out there that is aware of an affordable way to separate audio from DVI to be played through separate speakers, either through HDMI, 3,5 mm or RCA.

Thanks.

Simon_37

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

I've seen that thing before. I've heard mixed things about it. Do you base your reccomendation upon previous experience with the device, or just on that it should do what I want it to? According to some people it might not be totally reliable.