sparks coming from inside

Jessicagz

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
There are what look like sparks and a poping noise on t he inside of my tv where the power cord plugs into the console? And it often loses power. What could cause this?

Solution
or perhaps just a bad connection at the powerplug. if you have another cable laying around, you could try that, but it's probably the TV's connection. if you have any experience with electronics you can open up the TV and solder it(if it is the connection ofc) otherwise I hope you still have waranty on the TV. or send it to some tv repairshop

tsuneo6

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
or perhaps just a bad connection at the powerplug. if you have another cable laying around, you could try that, but it's probably the TV's connection. if you have any experience with electronics you can open up the TV and solder it(if it is the connection ofc) otherwise I hope you still have waranty on the TV. or send it to some tv repairshop

Solution

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
Time to send it off for repair, RMA, or replace it. Can't tell you exactly what's broken, but it is clearly broken.

Whatever option you take, do not try to turn it on again. There is a risk of fire or severe electrical injury.

TRENDING THREADS