Solved! SPDIF out to Optical In

Oct 17, 2020
Hi guys, soundbar I am trying to buy has a optical in. Where as my TV has SPDIF out. So can I just connect them both with optical cable? If not how should I do it? Please help.

Solution
Specs online don't show a SPDIF output on your TV. If it has one it can be either a single RCA coaxial jack or a Toslink optical audio jack.

If it is optical then you just need an optical cable. You may have to turn it on and the TV speakers off in the TV menu.

If it is an RCA jack then you will need a coaxial to optical converter and cable to connect it to the TV and soundbar.

If the TV doesn't have a digital audio output it does have HDMI-ARC that can be used with a compatible soundbar. It also has a headphone jack that can be use in any soundbar with an aux input.
Oct 17, 2020
@hang-the-9 Thanks. TV model is "MI TV 4a 43 inches" and Soundbar is "LG SJ3 300 W". So I wouldn't need any extra connectors to connect the TV and Soundbar right? Please let me know i need to buy a sound bar.

Specs online don't show a SPDIF output on your TV. If it has one it can be either a single RCA coaxial jack or a Toslink optical audio jack.

If it is optical then you just need an optical cable. You may have to turn it on and the TV speakers off in the TV menu.

If it is an RCA jack then you will need a coaxial to optical converter and cable to connect it to the TV and soundbar.

If the TV doesn't have a digital audio output it does have HDMI-ARC that can be used with a compatible soundbar. It also has a headphone jack that can be use in any soundbar with an aux input.

Solution