Speaker recommendations for device with left and right outputs?

BadBanshee

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I have a Presonus Firestudio Mobile which is an audio interface with main outs on the back, a left one and a right one. I need to buy some speakers to connect to these but I'm not sure which or even how to search for the speakers I need because I don't know what they're called. Basically both outputs need to be filled, so I need speakers with no more and no less than two cables. And my understanding is that this will automatically produce stereo sound, and therefore I don't need speakers will built in stereo, in fact I should avoid it, because they're probably the ones with 1 cable... I think.

At the same time, I want something that I can plug into my mobile phone and play music from my phone through these speakers.

Anyone got any recommendations? I was going to ask this on the Presonus forum too but it's acting up (again). I can't believe just how many times I've found their site to be down even though I've had ownership of this device for a very small amount of time (not to mention it's the 2nd one I've had because the 1st one stopped working).

Thanks in advance.

BadBanshee

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
EDIT: Sorry, the 2 outputs on the audio interface are both 1/4inch, and I've just learnt that another name for these is TRS? Does that mean I could use the M-Audio AV40 with these?