Speaker works, wire do not, will stripping help?

minun

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Title says its all! I only have household tools so any stripping improv advice will help!

If you need to strip the insulation from speaker wire and don't have any tools then just use a sharp knife or razor blade. Make a circular cut to separate a cylinder of insulation and then a lengthwise cut to make it easier to remove it. Try not to expose more copper than is needed (usually about a 1/2 inch is fine).

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
A sharp knife, some fingernails, and your teeth will likely do the trick barring the wire isn't too fine. As AA said, cut around the casing and then pull the casing away to expose the wires. Twist them together into one relatively uniform piece and you should be good to go. No need to cut back any more than you need, either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
netsuJ Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
X Streaming Video & TVs 5
D Streaming Video & TVs 15
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Solved! O have a sharp Aqous tv. I need to get headphones and tv speakers to work simultaneously
Solved! my Two right speakers on my Sony dav-tz140 only work on dvd but not on tv/cable?
Surround Sound Not Working
I have a surround sound with center speaker and 4 side speakers center speaker is the only one working
Philips hts5540 rear and central speakers do not work on AUX, but they work with DVD/BLURAY. How can I get TV sound? Thanks
How come my rear and center speaker s aren't not working oo my blue ray surround sound by the way u do a great job
How can i reuse my home theatre speakers who's dvd is not working?
Can’t get surround to work with MXQ PRO and Pioneer Elite SC-81
Pyle PT595AUBT 5.1 digital receiver-subwoofer and surround speakers not working. Connections are solid. Any suggestions?
HI my Philips model dsp 3500 the front right speakers is not working but front left is working what should I do
I have a Sony tv.and it connect to a Bose Lifestyle 12 surround system everything works and tv speakers are on fixed so the so
Bass Shakers not working through PC
Will my sound system work ?
Would this work?
TV's speakers are not working.
PC to AVR HDMI Pass-through isn't working
wireless headphones working also tv speaker. How do I cancel the Tv speakers
I have my LG 1000W 5.1ch DVD Home Theater but two speakers are not working, But when you test them there ok, what can i do?
my laptop sound work with hdmi but not supporting its own speakers it shows mute sign???
two of my speakres of sony home theater are not working but whene i tested it all the speakers are working

ASK THE COMMUNITY