Review Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH review

Sep 21, 2022
The Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH is a premium electric bike that’s comfortable going just about anywhere.

Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH review : Read more
I rode the 3.0 with IGH and it ran out of gearing about 20 mph. I heard on a forum the igh on the 5.0 has more gear range. Were you able to get up to 28 mph comfortably ? Also I really want to try that auto before buying but that is hard to do. I wonder if you

I wonder if you got into the adjustment features enough to tweak the system to your preferences. For instance I saw you adjust what "gear" level it starts in after stopping in the app. Brilliant in theory at least and also the preferred cadence level can be adjusted in 5 unit adjustments. Just really need to know how this auto shifting thing feels before spending this much. Still having recently bought a bike with a belt I don't know if I can go back to a greasy chain again

Last edited by a moderator:

skywriting

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I rode the 3.0 with IGH and it ran out of gearing about 20 mph. I heard on a forum the igh on the 5.0 has more gear range. Were you able to get up to 28 mph comfortably ? Also I really want to try that auto before buying but that is hard to do. I wonder if you

I wonder if you got into the adjustment features enough to tweak the system to your preferences. For instance I saw you adjust what "gear" level it starts in after stopping in the app. Brilliant in theory at least and also the preferred cadence level can be adjusted in 5 unit adjustments. Just really need to know how this auto shifting thing feels before spending this much. Still having recently bought a bike with a belt I don't know if I can go back to a greasy chain again
With a charged battery, the auto shifting is a dream. As the battery nears 5% the downside appears as the transmission seems to pull about 20% of your effort into drag. I am looking into it. It was a drag!

TRENDING THREADS