Splitting the sound from tv and laptop

PacMan814

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
I have my laptop hooked up to the t.v. with the HDMI and I chose to extend. Now I want to know whether or not I can play sound on my laptop without cutting off the sound from the t.v.? So that I can watch my stuff and my little brothers can watch theirs.

Solution
Uhmm possible but VERY difficult. you would need to inform the program if it has OUTPUT SELECTION settings for one screen to play it's sound to the HDMI while the other plays it to the laptop, but if your talking you watch netflix while they watch netflix just two different screens, NO.

Depending what the 'source' is your little brothers are watching as compared to you , might be best to look at your Blu Ray player, thier PS3 etc. as these include many 'websites' that can stream stuff (like netflix) on the TV while your on the laptop (single screen again).
Uhmm possible but VERY difficult. you would need to inform the program if it has OUTPUT SELECTION settings for one screen to play it's sound to the HDMI while the other plays it to the laptop, but if your talking you watch netflix while they watch netflix just two different screens, NO.

Depending what the 'source' is your little brothers are watching as compared to you , might be best to look at your Blu Ray player, thier PS3 etc. as these include many 'websites' that can stream stuff (like netflix) on the TV while your on the laptop (single screen again).

Solution