Spotlight: Curisma Killed the Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyevers

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
The buzzing from the Tiamat is caused by lack of shielding on the USB power cable, running it into an external power source instead of into a motherboard seems to fix the issue

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]You don't understand. That's an art on the backside of the iPhone. You guessed it wrong.[/citation]
It is rather pretty, I agree. But I thought it was inconvenient to have bits of glass falling out of my phone (into my ear, my hair, etc.) so I think it made sense to get it repaired.

Rachel Rosmarin
Managing Editor, Tom's Guide

G

@gmail issue, this is why i have a nagging feeling that the cloud is going to be the biggest natural disaster in the next century.
we think the odd earthquake or volcano is a big problem now at least its localised, when gmail fails or a cloud service fails it has the potential to effect half the plant!

TheDane

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Gorilla glass may be tough but it is quite brittle it seems.

I've dropped my Samsung Galaxy S9000 at least 4 times on tiled floors/pavements.Not a single scratch as a result. This is because the overall design (plastic not glass) work like a chock absorber. No rubber needed :)

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
this headset looks SICK! Its rly sad that you make a review with on-board audio, that totally KILLS the review! The true review should test both, on and off-board audio!!
EVERY headset I try with onboard audio has that static issue when no audio is being played... even some expensive ones, of course I didn't try them all, but never get one that looks muted when you stop the music! This only heppens with the very cheap models when using a decent off-board sound card... and I RLY can't see someone spending $200 on a headset and not spending another $200 on a top sound card, thats just dumb!!

13felev

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I wonder how Tiamat (the band) sounds like on Tiamat (headset)... :D
Anyway, I second dreadlokz's comment...

ocelot113

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]tobyevers[/nom]The buzzing from the Tiamat is caused by lack of shielding on the USB power cable, running it into an external power source instead of into a motherboard seems to fix the issue[/citation]

Mine still buzzes, even though I have an alternate power source, when in most gaming applications. Usually not too distracting seems how the games are pumping sound louder than the buzz but in menus and things its still very much there. I think the headphones have some driver problems seems how it only seems to happen now inside programs.

ocelot113

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Sound card does not help with buzzing. I have the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty and it buzzes with that too. It's either bad wiring or drivers. Not sure yet, but I'm hoping it's drivers because that's easy.

Bad wiring means a bad purchase because I'm sure Razer will solve the issue in the next version which I'm not shelling out another $200 for something that should have worked the first time. I will just not buy Razer anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.