Sprint: Pre Was a Dud, We Want the iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]im dieing in around 80 years anyways so screw it, lets blow the money.[/citation]

80 years is a long time, friend.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Oh God...I am NOT going back to Sprint. I couldn't even make calls inside ANY buildings. Not to mention my calls were CONSTANTLY dropped. I went from crap phone service (Sprint) to crap customer service (Verizon). At least my calls don't drop, though. At least I can talk inside of any buildings.[/citation]
When did you have Sprint? 10 years ago?! Verizon and Sprint have free roaming across their networks so anything you get on Verizon you get on Sprint and visa versa. Ever consider the crap phone as the culpret (since I'm 100% sure you got a new phone when you jumped to Verizon)?

I'm not defending one company over the other, just pointing out this persons biased is built on sand.

The Pre didn't do well thanks to the crappy advertising. If you didn't keep your ear to the ground in the mobile market you didn't know the Pre and WebOS existed or any of the advantages/disadvantages it had over other phones. The way AT&T is treating the Pre is phenomenal in stores compared to Verizon and Sprint.

G

I have to say that I work for Sprint and Have worked for Verizon. Although they are both CDMA carriers they are not interoperable. Verizon charges alot for roaming fees and Sprint does not pay alot of them so they can keep rate plans low for their customers. Coverage comes at a price and Sprint simply doesnt work everywere that Verizon does. This is an unfortunate fact.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I've had a pre on Sprint's network for almost a year now and I still enjoy the phone. The web browsing is fast and there's plenty of fun free apps. The screen could be bigger but I like how small the phone is. I can't recall being somewhere where I didn't get a signal since I got this phone though. There's been a few places where the signal is weak and browsing the internet is impossible but I could still make calls... not really an issue for me I guess. I really am tempted to get the HTC EVO 4G when it comes out though that phone looks sick. AT&T can keep the iPhone.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I still don't understand why people want an inferior phone.[/citation]

I don't either, which is why I bought a Palm Pre Plus instead of an iPhone.

Icehearted

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Oh God...I am NOT going back to Sprint. I couldn't even make calls inside ANY buildings. Not to mention my calls were CONSTANTLY dropped. I went from crap phone service (Sprint) to crap customer service (Verizon). At least my calls don't drop, though. At least I can talk inside of any buildings.[/citation]
Same here. I went cell for the first time last September (I don't need cell, but I thought "why not?". I was lucky if I had at least 1 bar for longer than a minute or so, and it was usually indoors.

I wouldn't go with Sprint again.

rush45

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
What were we talking about again? yea! this man dissing palm and the failure of the palm pre. What failure are you talking about? Guess this man has clearly never owned or operate a palm pre before. Have you ever visited precentral.net. The palm pre is one of the best phone sprint ever owned. If sprint ever stop using palm devices,they will have lost a lot of customers. Then he said about how he wanted the Iphone. Funny character.

danbfree

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Sprint has a great network, you guys whining may have a bad phone or just a bad experience with customer service 5 years ago when there customer service DID suck... The phones are WORLDS better now too... Icehearted: did you even have the phone tested or have it replaced at a Sprint store/repair center? Sounds like you are blaming Sprint as a whole when you didn't even try to have it addressed.

Anyway EVO 4G is the best phone ever made and Sprint better advertise the hell out of it! I like the service I get with them and with 4G speeds I want them to succeed enough to stay in business at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.