Sprint: Pre Was a Dud, We Want the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
well...

iPhone is such a crap because of crap ATT cellular network...

maybe iPhone will upgrade from crap to junk when it moves to better network like Verizon and Sprint....

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Oh God...I am NOT going back to Sprint. I couldn't even make calls inside ANY buildings. Not to mention my calls were CONSTANTLY dropped. I went from crap phone service (Sprint) to crap customer service (Verizon). At least my calls don't drop, though. At least I can talk inside of any buildings.

G

The Pre was supposed to be PALM's last stand. maybe if it was running android sprint would have more faith in them.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Oh God...I am NOT going back to Sprint. I couldn't even make calls inside ANY buildings. Not to mention my calls were CONSTANTLY dropped. I went from crap phone service (Sprint) to crap customer service (Verizon). At least my calls don't drop, though. At least I can talk inside of any buildings.[/citation]

I've never had any issues with Verizon Wireless customer service. I don't really understand why people seem to think that they have poor customer service. Is it because of Verizon's landline service? Because honestly I've never had trouble with their Wireless customer service.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I don't understand why people complain about cell phone companies at all. they either all suck or they all don't. it depends where you live..At&t works just fine for me in central illinois, but the bill is expensive. oh well, thats life i guess. im dieing in around 80 years anyways so screw it, lets blow the money.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Service depends on area, but if your not in a city, AT&T is likely to suck in your area. Now that's pretty much a fact, just look at a Verizon add. AT&T get's their "97% coverage" from population, only targeting high population areas and leaving rural areas shit outta luck.

As for customer service, I've heard bad things about all companies, and I'm not a fan of Sprint's site at the moment, but I suppose we all have our problems. It's life, and there is more than cell phones to life....I hope.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
i've used them all. all suck. do i like being stuck with att? nope. am i glad it's the fastest carrier in my city (chicago)? yes. ;)

marcob24k

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
Well I have had all three Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T......Well Sprint's network (the CDMA one) has been the best for the most part for me. I rarely lose signal or drop any calls.....for a brief time I had a Sprint Nextel phone which is on the IDEN network and it was horrible dropped calls every few seconds lol. Sprint's customer service is probably the worst of the three. Their network makes up for their poor customer support. Verizon has a great network with overall better coverage in rural areas and great customer service but their calling plans are way to high. AT&T well they have great customer service and the IPhone. But their network sucks. All of this is dependent on the phone....unfortunately for Sprint......Nextel and bad phones have been the cause of some of their problems. They are starting to fix that and their customer service issues. Sprint did launch the first PCS network back in the day and pioneered CDMA technology once being the leader in the wireless business. Thats probably why their network has always been a little more advanced than the competition. like 4G....If they only had great phones......EVO might be their IPhone

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Actually, I think Sprint did a terrible job of advertising the Pre. They blew their chance, and now they are blaming that on the phone and not on their marketing team.

I also recall them jumping the gun on announcing it, and not offering it for sale until nearly 6 MONTHS later. I wanted a Pre, was willing to give Sprint a chance, but 6 month was an eternity, and the phone I had at the time died, and I needed a phone ASAP. I wound up getting an iPhone, and now find myself waiting until AT&T offers some aggressive pricing on the Pre (like Verizon is doing).

A few people in my family have the Palm Pre Plus with Verizon, and they are thrilled with the phone. I also find myself envious of their phones, which I find has a faster and more user friendly interface.

G

I actually own a pre, and I must say I am much more pleased with it than I am with my experiences with the iphone, mostly because of the sprint network instead of AT&T, but the pre is a fine phone in my opinion. It's not as snappy as the iphone in terms of loading and stuff like that, but it handles multiple applications so well. The texting being like a chat window is a very nice touch, the web browser is great on it, it can shoot video and take pictures with the 5 megapixel camera, and it has a lot of apps, not nearly as many as the iphone, but most of the important ones. The main reason i bought the palm pre though is because of the slide out keyboard, i absolutely cannot stand typing on a touch screen. All in all I really like the pre, the only thing that brought it down was the marketing, sprint failed on that. Much like arrested development, which was a great show and won oscars, but eventually died out due to lack of proper marketing.

G

Sprints network coverage, sucks, their staff and support sucks, their policies and "hidden" shit sucks, hell, Sprint just sucks as a whole altogether, and always has. Hows it feel to be teetering 4th and 5th anyways?

G

Iphone is *unfortunately* going to stick around. I implore other phone manufacturers to seriously create a phone based on US consumer wants- not just the luxury features they all seem to go after. I personally am a fan of Sony's Ericsson because of their high quality, but it lacks some fundamental features and UI that the majority would care for. Sadly, I'm stuck wearing apple's iphone shackles until android steps up where I'd like them to.

arcainumbro

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I have a Pre Plus on Verizon and love it. OS is responsive, screen rocks and as with all smart phones the battery life sucks until I upgraded my battery. Only thing in the Sprint/Palm relationship that was a dud was Sprint. You take a championship race horse and tie up three of it's legs, and it is going to lose.

Ransom22

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
@djtronika I also live in Chicago and Sprint is actually the fastest since they are the only carrier with a 4G network. I've been with Sprint for over 10 years now and have never had any issues with them or their customer service, though each person's experience will be different. I love that Sprint's signal doesn't cause any problems with any audio or video signals.

As for the iPhone, Sprint really doesn't need it. They already have the HTC Hero and the Evo is getting ready to launch in June. Both of those phones are better than the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.