Square Enix Makes Final Fantasy 7 PC Re-release Official

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I know a lot of people thought it wasn't finished when it hit the martket originally, and there are a lot of indications in the game that make me believe it. In the Japanese version they have a boss called Zero when you get locked up in the desert prison, but it was never in the English. I hope they don't leave it the same but add stuff in, kind of like they did FFI on Game Boy Advance.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]teodoreh[/nom]Some things are better stay untouched - If only George Lucas could leave Star Wars rest in peace too instead of re-releasing a new version every second week....The magic will stay forever, we don't need fancy graphics, we love the squared characters... ;D[/citation]
Speak for yourself. FF7 is great as-is, but improved graphics wouldn't hurt it any, except in the eyes of overly nostalgic diehards. I would prefer they didn't alter any content, of course, except for using the superior localization of the PC version (the PSX localization had some pretty baffling errors). Although, if they got the major players of the original team back together, and worked on content that was originally meant to be included but got axed due to time contraints and the like, I would be all for that.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I assume the music is going to be digitized, but from what source?

The original PS1 version had really crappy music compared to the Yamaha XG MIDI version on PC. Are they going to re-orchestrate the music, or use the XG sources? If so, it'll at least sound better than the original (and PSN re-release).

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]IH8U[/nom]Very nice! I wonder if they will put it on GoG, or Steam (for more of a market)?[/citation]

"Available Exclusively on the SQUARE ENIX Store"

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
[citation][nom]Novulux[/nom]"Available Exclusively on the SQUARE ENIX Store"[/citation]

Yeah but quite a few people are complaining its not on the Steam store so they might change their mind. I'd assume the only reason it's not on Steam is because of the cut Steam takes when they sell their games. They do tend to listen to their customers so only time will tell.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Played 7 on up. FF XII was the best and 13, well 13 just sucked. XII and the gambet system was great, a PS2 game that gave you more control over your players AI than any PC game.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I bought this in the late 90's while the character designs had arms that looked like sausage links. Good gfx at the time, but unacceptable now.

[Off topic . hijack unintended]
I want to see FF13 + FF13-2 for PC with multi-screen support. The battles and sound would be amazing. Currently own PS3 copies of them, some of the best exclusives. I would gladly buy a Steam-released copy with muti-screen (tripe head) and 3D support (glasses).

Status
Not open for further replies.