Squeezable HTC 11 U Is Wonderfully Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelscrap

Prominent
May 16, 2017
Sounds like an interesting phone but hard to tell because of two obvious omissions in this article: expandable storage and expected battery life. Of course, making it a Sprint exclusive also means it's dead in the water. Why would any company self-limit like that?

rutherfordsc

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
The U 11 will have microSD card expansion. HTC did not provide much in terms of expected battery life numbers, but we do know the U 11 will have a 3,000 mAh battery.

The U 11 won't be a true Sprint exclusive either. It will be available directly through HTC in unlocked, Sprint, or Verizon branded variants.

Xandersun

Prominent
May 16, 2017
I'm personally excited by the squeeze function. Some people are saying it is gimmicky, but I think it is actually going to be a useful feature. The point is that you will be able to access apps and features with one hand and more effortlessly. It's like when Swype came out and Apple refused and still refuses to natively support "swipe typing" because it's "gimmicky" and you can type just as quickly type with two thumbs and predictive typing. But that's not the point. The point is that it's more convenient to be able to hold the phone in one hand and type out a message with one thumb "swiping".

With this new squeeze function, you won't have to even look at the phone and search for the "shortcut button" to hit. I can see it being really useful now for the camera function. Even with "shortcut buttons", it always takes just enough seconds to fumble and get the phone in position with the finger on button correctly, to miss that precious baby cooing or cat acting silly shot. Now it's just squeeze and squeeze. No need to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.