SSD for Qosmio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hey all,

So I bought a Toshiba Qosmio X70-A about five years ago with the idea that I'll eventually install an SSD in its old age. The time has come. However, now I have forgotten and can't find the kind of SSD I need for this laptop.

Any help would be appreciated. I think it needs an mSATA, but not sure if it's SATA III or what. Also fielding recommendations for SSD's. I don't need much....maybe 256GB. I only use 80GB of my 720 GB HDD, including the OS.

Thanks!

Solution

If replacing the existing 2.5" HDD, all you need is a 2.5" SATA III SSD.

Samsung 850 or 860 EVO, or a Crucial MX500.

USAFRet

Illustrious

If replacing the existing 2.5" HDD, all you need is a 2.5" SATA III SSD.

Samsung 850 or 860 EVO, or a Crucial MX500.

Solution

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
also posting the full model number is helpful? like do you have the Qosmio X70-A-11R? 01Y.. etc..

BUT if it has JUST a normal hdd in it then yea a SATA 3 ssd is all you need.. an 2.5in and samsung are good (used MANY of them) though I would probably get the 860 EVO or another brand I have used with great success is Mushkin SSDs (still have a few from YEARS ago)

Jul 15, 2019
I have a similar issue.

My machine is an X70-AST3GX1. Original C Drive is a 256G SSD. I want to upgrade it to 1TB. However, when I look at the drives, they are all in nice little cases, while the spot this is located on my motherboard doesn't appear to have room for the case. I've seen some listed as M.2, but the form factor looks wrong.

Can anyone give me some direction as to which way I need to look?

Thanks!

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.