Storage

500 GB S-ATA Hard Drive
ODD: Built in Super Multi Drive

Network

Gigabit Wired Ethernet LAN
802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN
Built in Bluetooth 3.0

Security

McAfee Internet Security (60 days trial)
BIOS Boot Up Password, HDD Password
Kensington Lock Port
Samsung Recovery Solution

Software

Samsung Update Plus, Easy Display Manger, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Network Manager, Easy SpeedUp Manager, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Samsung Support Center

Processor

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 460M (2.53GHz, 3MB)

Graphic

nVIDIA GeForce 310M Graphics Processor
1 GB (DDR3) of Dedicated External Graphics Memory

Main Chipset

Intel HM55 Chipset

I/O Port

VGA Port included
HeadPhone-out Port
Mic-in Port
Internal Mic Port
3 x USB 2.0, (Chargable USB included), (eSATA + USB included)
4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC,mmC) Multi Card Slot Reader
RJ45 (LAN) Port included
DC-In (Power Port) included

Power

60Watts Adapter
6 Cell Standard Battery

-----------

Solution
^ could not have said it better!!

Don't sweat performance ie benchmarks as they are NOT indictive of real life performance.

Ie I have 3 Crucial M4s, 3 Samsung 830s and 2 Samsung 840 Pros
The Samsung 830s and the Crucial M4s both score mid 700's in AS SSD while the 840 Pros score a WOOPING 1100 (on mine) up to 1200. This is a huge performance diff - BUT in real LIFE I find very little performance diff.

Cost wise M4 best choice, or if you can find the 830s
Bragging rights, the 840 Pro. Or if Putting into a Laptop as the 840 Pro has one of the lowest power consumptions.

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
The two things you need to look at:
.. You have: Intel HM55 Chipset: “Serial ATA (SATA) 3 Gb/s” This is good, just means that you will not get Sata III (6) avertised Performance. HOWEVER a Sata III SSD will still blow the doors off of a Mechanical HDD. The performance will be close to SATA III performance in real life as The primary boost from sata III is in The Sequencial read/write performnce and this is the LEAST important matrix for a OS + Program SSD.

.. Uknown. Bios options for HD controller, can you select AHCI in bios. Laptops have limited options for modifing the BIOS. Most do allow setting the AHCI, however soe do not. Ideally you want to set this to AHCI. Normally the other option is normally IDE mode. In IDE mode the TRIM command is NOT passed to the SSD (even though it may be enabled in windows). Most newer SSDs have a improved "Gargabe Collector" that provides the same function, just does not work as well without TRIM.

Bottom Line - Go for It. I'm using SSDs on two Toshibia laotops that are fairly old, a core-duo and a Core2duo. Your Laptop is NEWER than these two. I've used them both for about 1 1/2 to 2 years with a SSD and NO Problems.

Renzel Hirt

Honorable
May 5, 2013
HI THERE I ALREADY CHECK MY BIOS AHCI IS ALREADY ENABLED....CAN YOU GIVE SOME GOOD SSD TO CHOOSE FROM I THINK 256 GB...I DONT MIND THE SIZE I HAVE EXTERNAL HDD.. I NEED BETTER PERFORMANCE SINCE... I REPLACED 2 HDD I YEAR 2012

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
^ could not have said it better!!

Don't sweat performance ie benchmarks as they are NOT indictive of real life performance.

Ie I have 3 Crucial M4s, 3 Samsung 830s and 2 Samsung 840 Pros
The Samsung 830s and the Crucial M4s both score mid 700's in AS SSD while the 840 Pros score a WOOPING 1100 (on mine) up to 1200. This is a huge performance diff - BUT in real LIFE I find very little performance diff.

Cost wise M4 best choice, or if you can find the 830s
Bragging rights, the 840 Pro. Or if Putting into a Laptop as the 840 Pro has one of the lowest power consumptions.

Solution