Star Wars Getting 3D Re-release Starting 2012

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgab

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Yes... now is the chance... Kill Jar Jar... or at least give him muscles... electric goo orbs wtf...

Get rid of that crappy little Anakin... acting lessons for the big Anakin...

Ewoks magically become Wookies...and so so much more...

Save us Obi-George you are our only hope...

3D.. who cares... but touch up a classic... again... do it!

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I think there should be a law, whenever a film maker or a studio updates and re-releases a film, they are required to include the original movie without all the additions for free.

Star Wars was amazing, because the story and visual effects were wonderful for that time period. It's not meant to be updated in 3D CGI, because it loses something in the translation.

doyletdude

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Well... Actually, if they really do take the time and effort to do this carefully and correctly, by 2012 3D theaters should have improved and as long as it is less like Clash of the Titans and more like Avatar quality I wouldn't mind seeing them. PodRacing, Speeder Chase, Spacebattles, Geonosis, I think would look cool in 3D. ( and do you actually want George Lucas working on new stuff after how bad the prequels were?) and people who never saw the prequels shouldn't even be talking crap on here, they have absolutely no authority on the matter LOL.

G

Can't help wondering: why waste money on re-doing a classic? George, why don't you invest in episodes 7, 8 & 9? You could do those with all the CGI, 3D, and photo realistic rendering effects you could ever want...

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
In other news, George Lucas plans to buy Facebook, Apple, Google, and Microsoft with the expected 100 trillion dollars he'll rake in over the next 6 years.

mrhappy50

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]Just wait until holograms and smell-o-vision[/citation]
the smell-o-vision didnt work to well. I wouldnt look forward to certain parts of the movie.

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
I don't care about the 3D. I just want them to re-do the voice acting on some of the characters to get rid of the terrible accents and terrible lines.

Make Jar-Jar sound non-Jamaican (nothing against Jamaicans, just seems so wildly out of place) and get rid of his stupid lingo. "Meessah?" Awful and borderline rascist.

Dub over those 2 Neimoidians too. (The ones that sound asian in the US film, French or Russian in other countries)

The original films had no accents. Just a mix of american actors and alien sounds. Whats wrong with that formula?

Hell, if they just dubbed over them with sounds and grunts with sub-titles I'd be thrilled!

G

The funny thing is that all you people bashing it will still make the purchase when it comes out.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]The funny thing is that all you people bashing it will still make the purchase when it comes out.[/citation]
says who?
never bought any starwars merchandise, never will. 3d wont make me enjoy it anymore less or more than before.

Just because you may be of the mentality "it sucks, but im getting it anyway" do not apply that logic to others.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]The funny thing is that all you people bashing it will still make the purchase when it comes out.[/citation]

nah after the last remake they put in theaters and the other 3 star wars movies i am done with the franchise

Azimuth01

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
I'm done with star wars. I got the plot the first time I saw it. Everything else is just a cash grab. 3D just makes me want to see it less. I wish this fad would hurry up and die....AGAIN..

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Seriously? Why not make a new Star-wars series? Like you know, after Luke died in the comics. Mark Hammel isn't exactly around to play him any way.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Seriously? None of the original series until 2015? You honestly think you can milk this in the same way you did the special editions, George, after it's already been beaten to death over the past decade and half?

If you absolutely must do a yearly thing, make it a two-year run. 2012 for I, II, and III. 2013 for IV, V, and VI. Better yet, don't even bother with the first three movies.

The more I see what he does with this series, the more that documentary makes sense - the one that quotes him in saying he intentionally created Star Wars to massively market it and make money off toys and such rather than it being all about passion for making movies. "I like to be thought of a toymaker who makes films" - Lucas in 1971.

Makes me sort of look back at my Star Wars-loving childhood in disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.