Starbucks Offering Free iOS App (Each Week?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I would say this is a direct answer to the amazon offering....i find it hard to believe apple would have been moving forward to independently set a standard for giving away something they could sell.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
& you would've thought that it was a reason to go to Starbucks if you didn't like the coffee, but McDonalds could offer a virtual gift for that Happy Meal to all the kids who have a Smartphone & would like to play Angry McBirds...

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]jackbling[/nom]I would say this is a direct answer to the amazon offering....i find it hard to believe apple would have been moving forward to independently set a standard for giving away something they could sell.[/citation]

?? they've been doing it for years with iTunes track of the week as the article pointed out.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I'm still not going to pay $5 for a cup of coffee. I guess Apple users are used to over paying for stuff though, so this is a good match.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
As far as the developer goes-- they're probably agreeing to it. Developers put their apps on sale [or for free] for a limited time alot. They give it away for a week, more people use it, they move up the 'top seller' charts a bit and perhaps ultimately make up for it later.

Maybe they also have some in app purchases that they figure can also help make the money up?

G

a cup of coffee at starbucks is $1.61 actually, jackfools :) $5 price is for people who want an extra-large dessert drink.

virthddman

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Starbucks has been giving away iTunes music for years, the iOS apps are a nice addition.

Access your home PC from your Apple iOS device by using the 2X client App from
http://www.2x.com
also has client for Android. Voted 20th overall best Android App!

Status
Not open for further replies.