start up failed Toshiba c655d-s5200 Intel PXEV 2.0

Jun 8, 2018
When Toshiba Satellite c655d-s5200 (serial #:YB114057Q) is powered on this pops up

"Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.7(11/02/10)
Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

A Microsoft office 2010 brief CD ROM is in the diak drive and underneath is a Windows 7 Home Prem OA stiker with a OEM product key and other numbers.
After discovering that I then restarted it, pressed F2 and on the InsydeH20 Setup Utility page I hit F9 to default the setup but it shows the same message.

Im not that familiar with PC internal hardware so Idk the cause of this and Im not the original owner so if possible how can I solve this problem without having to replace a part or using a CD ROM or disk basically nt having to spend money for it to start up and work correctly.

Saga Lout

Olde English
You need to make a change in a setting in the BIOS and to get there, power up and see which key it wants you tto hit to get in there. Usually, the Escape, Delete, Function 2 keys are prime suspects but it will tell you which.

Once in, go to Boot and make sure your hard disk is top of the list. Currently, it's trying to boot through a network and you don't have one.

Make that change then hit F10 to save and exit and you should be booting properly.

Saga Lout

Olde English
You need to make a change in a setting in the BIOS and to get there, power up and see which key it wants you tto hit to get in there. Usually, the Escape, Delete, Function 2 keys are prime suspects but it will tell you which.

Once in, go to Boot and make sure your hard disk is top of the list. Currently, it's trying to boot through a network and you don't have one.

Make that change then hit F10 to save and exit and you should be booting properly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Nohen Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 6
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2