Static and distorted sound from speakers

paul2955tw

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys, there's random weird sound that make the audio sound static for about a seconds from time to time recently. I don't thing it's the speaker because when i tried with my earphone the problem is still there.

what can I do to fix this? Updating drivers maybe? Currently I have two audio devices showing in my device manager, realtek and AMD, can that cause the problem?

Also, I'm not sure but when the sound start to become static, my game starts to lag.

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Interferences cause weird sound... it can be caused by cheap connections (basically cheap case in general), cell and cordless phones, microwaves and anything that use radio waves (CB, FRS, TV, AM/FM radio, etc...)

the only thing that stops that for me was getting a new case with better shielded front port you can unplug them to see if that helps or not, if the problem stops, that's the front case port that are capting interferences and retransmit them to your sound output

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007

+1

could also be crappy onboard audio....you may consider a nice PCIe sound card. they are typically much higher quality.