Solved! Stay away from IGZO panels!

Andy Nguyen

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
Hello everybody,
To this day, I have owned 2 laptops with IGZO screens and gone through 2 screen replacement warranty services. The Razer Blade 14 (2014) and the Aorus X3 Plus V4 (2015) which all has the same 3800x1800 Sharp's IGZO panels.
I'll keep this short: Stay away from laptops using IGZO screens.
Why?
I've kept getting pressure marks (brighter spots than the surrounding areas) on the exact same lines on both screens, sent them to replace the screens, the marks reappeared after awhile along the vertical line about 1/5 of the screen from the bottom up on both laptops.
I guess this is just Sharp's issue with this technology so you guys better stay away, get a Full HD screen for God's sake.

I didn't take any pictures of them so if anyone wonders what are pressure marks, take a look at the picture in this link.

large_zps6bed6c7f.jpg

Solution
sounds like backlight bleeding but not sure.

there are LED backlights, and normally a way to diffuse the light to avoid obvious bright and shadow spots. when this isn't done correctly the LCD panel sees different brightness
sounds like backlight bleeding but not sure.

there are LED backlights, and normally a way to diffuse the light to avoid obvious bright and shadow spots. when this isn't done correctly the LCD panel sees different brightness

Solution

that's what I meant and said with the last part. I guess "bleeding" is specific to the edge which can reflect light off the bezel