Question STB to DVR to TV

Jun 25, 2022
Hi, I am in Australia 🇦🇺 and have my fingers crossed one of the members can help me. 🤞

I have recently acquired a STB (Laser 6000) and connected it to my DVR (Phillips DVR5100 [160gb]) and TV (LG 50PV25) so I can watch and record digital stations.

I do not play DVRs, but record TV shows on it.

I will only be using the STB to watch shows from a USB.

I have found after connecting everything up I am not able to record from the TV to the DVR.

This is the main thing I wanted to do.

Is there a way to use the remaining sockets to connect the devices so I can record from the TV to the DVR?

Below is how I have connected up the three devices....
The aerial from the wall to the STB RF in.

HDMI from STB to
TV HDMI #1.

The coaxial cable of TV antenna to DVR.

There is an RF in to RF out loop through on DVR.

HDMI from DVR to TV HDMI #2.

Thank you for reading my long question. I wanted to give as much information as I could. :giggle:

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022
Hi, I am in Australia 🇦🇺 and have my fingers crossed one of the members can help me. 🤞

I recently acquired a STB (Laser 6000) and connected it to my DVR (Phillips DVR5100 [160gb]) and TV (LG 50PV25) so I can watch and record digital stations.

I only record TV shows on the DVR.

The STB is to watch shows from a USB.

I have found after connecting everything up I am not able to record from the TV to the DVR.

This is the main thing I wanted to do.

Is there a way to use the remaining sockets to connect the devices so I can record from the TV to the DVR?

Below is how I have connected up the three devices....
The aerial from the wall to the STB RF in.

HDMI from STB to
TV HDMI #1.

The coaxial cable of TV antenna to DVR.

There is an RF in to RF out loop through on DVR.

HDMI from DVR to TV HDMI #2.

Thank you for reading my long question. I wanted to give as much information as I could.
Cheers,
BEG181 👵